Friday, October 25, 2013

MISSION OAK BUFFET

I fixed up a lovely Mission Oak Buffet I purchased at an antique auction. It didn't need a lot of work. Just vacuuming out the drawers and wiping them down, brightening up the wood with some furniture oil, cleaning the glass mirror, and tightening the screws. That was it!

It's now a beautiful piece all ready to sell. It's listed on Craigslist now but if it doesn't sell, it will go into our occasional sale in May.


I have another buffet that I need to put some work into. I'll show you that piece in another post. I'm beginning to enjoy working with furniture. I just need to start getting used to the garage being full of furniture. And that is kind of hard for me because I don't like clutter and messes. We still have another two car garage so we don't need it for cars. I'm just not wanting to have the mess! So my next project is trying to organize the single car garage into a work space, furniture storage, and a cleared out area to show people a piece that they saw on Craigslist. Oh yes, and there IS a shower in there. And yes, my husband does like to use it.  EEEUUUWWWW!  The garage is heated but still...

Guess I'll check out some ideas on Pinterest for fixing up the space! I SHOULD take some "before" pictures but I'm too embarrassed to show everyone the mess it is in!  ; ) Hmmmmmm... I'll have to think about that...

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece. I love it. I wish I had more room here because I'd be working on furniture all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely piece. I love the two little doors in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a beautiful piece and I'm sure will sell quickly! Wish I lived close.

    ReplyDelete