Saturday, January 16, 2021

ONTO 2021

 As I've probably mentioned often enough, we have discontinued our Hob Nobbers sales at the Plummer House and continue selling only online at Gwen And Alma's on Etsy. It has been keeping us busy! I think Covid was good for online sales but BAD for everything else!

We ( Gwen And Alma's) are growing by the minute with new family members joining in to help and we're also trying to increase our inventory so we always have lots of new things for you to see and hopefully to purchase occasionally!

The Plummer House activity on the other hand, has been STOPPED  due to Covid. But one hardy group of ladies got creative and began meeting in the circle drive, all bundled up from the cold with their blankets and chairs, to continue to gather with friends, all while maintaining social distancing guidelines and wearing masks. They meet every week! They kindly allowed me to take their picture so we could all be motivated by their example to get out there and do the same despite the dreary guidelines we all have to follow.


Covid Thanksgiving this year was going to be just Les and I, party of two. I still wanted to make it special! I love using my antique butter pats and salt cellars and my best china, Wedgewood, that we got from my Grandma and Grandpa and the sterling silverware and goblets which were my Mom and Dad's. I didn't bother to iron the tablecloth for just the two of us though. I was planning to take some dinner down to my Mom before we ate but at the last minute I called her and told her we could all still be safe if she came up and social distanced while eating so I convinced her and set up a plate at the other end of the table. It's January and none of us have been sick so I guess we are safe.


                      One thing that hasn't changed though is the beauty of everything up here at the Plummer House!

                                             Happy New Year from Gwen And Alma's!

No comments:

Post a Comment