Wednesday, January 5, 2022

TRIBUTE TO MOM AND MORE TREASURES

 In my last post I shared that my Mom passed away. But I didn't share what an amazing Mom she was and I want to do that now! Mom was my number one cheerleader! In her mind I could do no wrong! Well, most of the time anyway! Hah! She bragged about everything I ever did! And then maybe added her own little embellishments much to my embarrassment! 

Christmas with one of the great grandkids!

She was my encourager and motivated me to do more than I would have done without her encouraging me on! But to be fair there were things she was a bit more hesitant about concerning me. She wasn't sure if I really should be reaching out to kids in gangs...on the streets...sometimes by myself! But she did pray for me when I was out there! 



And that's another thing! She was our family's prayer warrior! She was in constant prayer over all her kids, grandkids, and great grandkids! And yes, she had great grandkids! She had nine while seeing three of them go to college and two graduate before she passed away. She married at a young age and that's probably why she was also young at heart! Even at age 90!

A tea party at Grandma Camp with great grandkids

She was generous with her family but should have spent money on herself. But she always said that is what made her happy! 

She was the Mom who others wanted for their Mom. A good friend of mine always said she wanted my Mom as her Mom. Not sure what her Mom would have said about that. Her Mom was a sweet lady as well. Since Mom was a young mother while I was growing up all my friends seemed to gravitate towards her. She was young, energetic, and loving! After Mom passed, a cousin told me that when she was growing up their mother told her that if she ever needed help, like a ride home from school or anything really, she should just call my Mom because my Mom would always be there for anyone who needed them. She gave my cousin our phone number and she remembered that number to this day! A number that I had even forgotten until she said it!
Mom and Dad's Wedding Day. She was 17! He was 20.

She loved sharing her faith with whoever would listen and sometimes with those who might not have wanted to listen! But if they didn't want to listen she would pray for them. 

Mom getting a boat ride in our boat. She loved the ride and the scenery!

Well I could go on and on but I'm sure many of you feel the same way about your Mom. Just had to share this! Miss you Mom!

Somewhat blizzardy out today but schools are still open so I guess it must be OK to go out! I need to get one order (two small glasses with Scotty Dogs on them) shipped today. 

Still a Give-Away coming up that I mentioned last year but was put off due to Mom becoming ill. It will be posted on our Instagram account and we will announce it here as well as soon as it gets posted. Daughter Elissa is working on that at the moment. The Give-Away is to celebrate our 1,000th sale in our Etsy Shop. 

And I'm so excited about going out and finding new treasures to list in our Etsy Shop! I'll probably keep a few for myself though! ; )

Swanky Swig juice glasses!

Sweet little wooden bowls for storing your tiny treasures!

Add to your collection!

Get your paper organized in a charming vintage way!

Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy




No comments:

Post a Comment