Thursday, February 4, 2010

Best Banana Bread

It's time to share another recipe. This is one I got from friend and Hob Nobber, Karen. She always brings a loaf of this to our sales. My husband liked it so much he asked for the recipe and I started making it. The only problem was that Karen forgot to write down one of the  ingredients which I didn't realize until the bread didn't turn out very well. I thought it was my oven at first but then when I went to make it again I looked a bit closer to what I was using for ingredients and something seemed to be missing and indeed it was... the baking soda. So now it  actually rises and  tastes the same as Karen's and it is soooo delicious! You have to try it! You will love it! It is YUMMY! Here's the recipe:

Sour Cream Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter
2 eggs
2 bananas ( mashed )
1/2 cup sour cream
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup chopped nuts ( optional )

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs. Mix in dry ingredients. Fold in sour cream, bananas, and vanilla. Add nuts if desired.
Let stand in greased loaf pan for 10" before baking. Bake at 350 degrees for 1-1 1/2 hours. May sprinkle with sugar before baking.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment