Saturday, June 23, 2012

DISH COLLECTION AND SALES UPDATE

So the Hob Nobbers got together for lunch recently  at my home to make BIG PLANS for our upcoming sales event over Labor Day weekend. More about the plans later. First I want to tell you about my current collection.
 Here are photos of our luncheon using my latest finds. I'm collecting  luncheon sized plates in various patterns to mix things up for  casual yet pretty table settings. I  used simple blue  Ball jars with white flowers in them as a centerpiece. I am, more often than not, using cloth napkins of which I have an abundance, collected over the years in my Hob Nobbing around. I used napkin holders that I picked up at a Flea Market.The plates that look like "chargers" are actually a set of white dishes that I picked up at an Estate sale. The silver set was my mother's.

 I don't like a lot of clutter in my house and yet I DO like vintage style treasures. So I've decided  that my "collection" is going to be things that are both useful at mealtime, for entertaining and  also lovely to look at. Collecting pretty vintage plates has been a fun pursuit. I began with three plates that were passed down from my grandmother. I've since added 10 plates, at very reasonable prices, I might add. Mixing different patterns is fun! I DID keep the colors to pink and blue for this setting however.

Why not consider your own collection of various dishes and cloth napkins as well? We'll  have some plates and napkins as always for sale at our next event. So onto the sale...

 We've got some new things planned ( it's a secret ) so you'll have to come and find out what's going on. We're also VERY EXCITED about the fun, unique,  and interesting treasures we are finding. You won't want to miss this sale! Consider your Christmas and other gift shopping here as well as we won't be having another sale until next year. We have now made the decision to continue with one BIG SALE per year! So this one is it! See you there!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming by and saying hello! So glad I got to come see your beautiful blog. Love seeing others.. "pretties"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Vicki!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wish i were there to sit down for a beautiful lunch with you mom!! hugs!

    ReplyDelete