Monday, November 5, 2012

GRATEFUL FOR FREEDOM AND VOTING DAY TEA

THANKS-LIVING     TODAY I AM THANKFUL FOR THE FREEDOM WE HAVE TO VOTE ACCORDING TO OUR CONSCIENCES'.

I would love for you to  join me  in giving thanks daily to God. I call this THANKS-LIVING. I will post  something for which I am grateful every day through Thankgiving


I've invited Aunt Samantha, a little patriotic friend, for tea today. She is handmade and I purchased her on Etsy. I thought it was appropriate to invite her to my "Voting Day Tea" since her outfit is so patriotic.  I wrote another post about her so I won't go into the details of her purchase.

We're sharing tea today in vintage Royal Cauldon Bristol Ironstone teacups from England. I purchased a whole set of this ironstone at an estate sale. An elderly couple was downsizing to move into a condo and I could see it was difficult for the woman to let go of some of her things. She would follow people around and tell them about each piece, perhaps  hoping they would love it as much as she did. She had many beautiful treasures. I think of her when I use this ironstone because I know it meant so much to her.

A few pieces were missing from the set, although there were 12 plates and 12 cups and saucers. There was no creamer but I thought this sugar bowl was/is darling.


 I'm serving tea on my navy blue tablecloth, trying to keep the patriotic red, white, and blue in honor of voting day.
I've added some "rustic" fun  to the table.  I purchased this little vintage toy tractor wagon at an antique market. I usually have some wrapped candy in it for the grandkids. But it's fun to add it to the table with some treats...or maybe sugar cubes.
               Aunt Samantha's feet are sticking out from under her cup as it sits on her lap. Notice the cute little ribbons on her feet.


Aunt Samantha and I ask you to be sure and VOTE! Not only is it a WONDERFUL PRIVILEGE, IT IS OUR PATRIOTIC DUTY!  

                                                           GOD BLESS AMERICA! 
 I'm joining tea parties here:  Martha's Favorites 
                                               Rose Chintz Cottage
                                              Artful Affirmations 

12 comments:

  1. Aunt Samantha is so patriotic! Yay!
    I voted already, and I cherished it. I love our country, that we can all be different yet love and respect each other.
    Thanks for the great post!
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. That;s a wonderful set of dishes. Royal Cauldon was a great maker of quality china and ironstone. And it certainly goes well with red, white and blue!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun, Sandy! I loved your Patriotic tea and the sweet story about the lady that would tell you about each piece. I agree with Terri, I love our country and the freedom we have. I, too, voted and I pray that our country will remain strong and God-fearing. Have a lovely day!

    Hugs,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Sandy,
    Your patriotic tea time is very cute and little Aunt Samantha is adorable! I like white ironstone too although I do not collect it. Perhaps I should. ;) I enjoyed your story of how it came to be yours too.
    We both live in great countries where we are free to worship, vote, and be ourselves. Thank you for coming to tea and have a beautiful day.

    Blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your patriotic table. The ironstone is beautiful and I like the memories associated with it. I'm thankful to live in a country where we have the opportunity to vote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandy,
    I also linked up to Tea Time Tuesday. :)

    Very appropriate post for today. Love it.

    I am thankful today knowing that all things are in the hands of the LORD!

    :) Hope

    ReplyDelete
  7. so pretty..I love the white..it just seems so graceful..And what a great companion to have for tea..Aunt Samantha is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun patriotic table and pretty tea things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! But,hey....I feel like it's The 4th of July!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are pretty collections!

    A late visit from Blue Monday.
    I hope that you can still drop by and comment on my BLUE post.
    Thanks and have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've been Tagged by the French Hen's Nest! Email us at jeanlinda.french@gmail.com for the details!

    Jeannie and Linda

    ReplyDelete