Hi, Fellow Dreamers! I hope you answered your questions and had a fun time doing it! Hope it didn't stress you out! The purpose is to get to know yourself better, your AUTHENTIC BEAUTIFUL SELF. I had a fun time when I did it myself and felt I had a clearer picture of who I had become after doing it. As you read through your answers I hope you're feeling a sense of knowing yourself just a little bit better also. You'll be using this information for the next step which is one of my favorites:
DREAMING YOUR LIFE
I know, I know, the image above says DON"T dream your life. We ARE moving toward the end result of actually living our dreams. But it begins with dreaming it! All great things begin with a dream after all, right? We just don't want to KEEP dreaming! We want to go on to actually be living our dreams! OK, so here we go!
Get your journal and cup of coffee and find your comfy spot where you can sit and dream! You should do this in one sitting so you can really "get into the zone". Caution: it might take a while. ; )
Interesting tidbit: Did you know that your brain does not know the difference between reality and what is just in your thoughts? It's true! So when you begin to create your dream life in your mind, your mind thinks it's actually happening! Your brain secretes seratonin ( the happy enzyme) and you feel all happy inside just thinking about living that dream! As you describe your dream life you will feel yourself smiling! But you don't want to stay there, in your dreams and thoughts. You want to move on and live it. So here we go.....
Your DREAM WORK for this week:
Write a page long or more detailed description of your dream life. Use your imagination! Do not limit yourself! Dream BIG! MONEY IS NO OBJECT! Describe yourself living how you want, having what you want, and doing what you want and state it in the present tense. Describe where you're living, what job you have ( if at all ), what you do with your time, what you do for fun, and anything else your dream life would entail.
|found on Pinterest|
There are just a few "rules" you need to follow:
1) In order to have a balanced life ( one of the keys to your dream life ) make sure you include items in these areas:
PERSONAL: Describe your body ( in shape? ), mind ( curious, learning, etc ), spirit ( growing ) RELATIONSHIPS: Describe the important people in your life and what kind of relationships you have.
GIVING/SERVING: Giving back and serving others is very important to a joy-filled dream life so describe what you'd be doing in terms of volunteering, serving others, etc.
RECREATION/HOBBIES/FUN: Describe what you do for FUN!
Some of these areas are just obvious but maybe you hadn't thought of for example "what kind of atmosphere is in your home, or the category of serving. These areas are not all inclusive but make sure they are included in your description. You can include anything you like, however, and are not limited to the above.
2) You must take into consideration your values, priorities, your gifts and abilities that you described in your first assignment. This does not limit you, rather, it takes your authentic self and helps you create a dream life that is authentically YOU! In the end you will be happier if your dream life matches up with your authentic, beautiful self. As the saying below says, "Be Your Beautiful Self ". DREAM BIG while remaining true to yourself.
The only exception is that if you're "negative" by nature you MUST think in a more positive way! Let yourself go and dream what you think is impossible! Just this once! Actually make this new attitude a part of your dream life! I hope this doesn't sound confusing or contradictory. If you have questions, you can e-mail me @ email@example.com.
|found on Pinterest|
3) You must write your Dream Life in the present tense as if it is already happening. That will really get your seratonin juices flowing! For example:" I'm living in a beautiful home surrounded by woods. There is plenty of room to have our big family over for family meals." You can get more detailed than this but you get the idea of the present tense.
4) Be sure and include those things ( however small ) that make you smile. ; )
5) And no negative thinking allowed as in, "This is not going to happen", "I'm never going to be able to have this life" etc. I made this a "rule" because I know you'll never be able to dream with this thinking going on in your head. This is that exception I mentioned above about being true to yourself.
6) Also remember that we are human beings and are limited in time. That's ONE thing we can't change even though we're trying to DREAM BIG! We all have only 24 hours and a day and some of that has to be used sleeping! LOL I know that seems obvious but some people try to include SO MANY things that they would have to add more hours to the day to accomplish everything they wanted to do. I am one who has too many ideas and not enough time but I've learned to spread them out through the seasons of my life and sometimes I just had to choose one thing over another.
So there you have your second "Dream Work" assignment! I hope you truly have fun designing your dream life! "See" you next week! If you'd be willing to share any insights in anything you found after your first assignment, I'm sure others would be interested in hearing it! Thanks! Also, you might want to check the area where you can receive the comments left on my posts so if others leave their insights you'll get them sent to your inbox. Later, you can remove it if you don't want to receive comments.
Happiness is not something you postpone for the future! It is something you design for the present. Jim Rohn
For newbies: If you are new to this workshop and would like to join us ( it's FREE ), e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Then go to my Nov. 26th post for more information and the first session on Jan. 7th. The posts are sequential but can be done anytime. Posts will be every Monday! Hope you join in!
Sandy : )