Tuesday, September 30, 2014

ANTIQUE SHOE RACK

I found a new treasure! An antique shoe rack. I found this in Lake City, Mn. at the Lake Pepin Pearl Button Co., an antique Mall. I had first seen one on Miss Mustard Seed's Blog. I didn't know what it was at the time but I loved the patina, the look of the"rungs", and just the fact that it was another fun way to organize with vintage finds. I never thought I'd be able to find one, so when I saw this I knew I had to have it!

 It was on the second floor of the building so they had to bring it down in the old original hand-cranked elevator. My husband rode down in the elevator but I declined since it was small, dark, and you moved it by pulling on ropes! Yikes! It also made an awful racket as it came down. 




The guys and the shoe rack got down safe and sound but I'm still glad I didn't go along for the ride. It was a  fun thing to watch, though!

 The rack is on wheels so it's easy to move around. Right now I have it in my little "office" space. I'll give you a little tour of that space when I'm finished organizing it. I used the rack during our Hob Nobber sale to hold some of our quilts and several people wanted to buy it! This one is not for sale but since it seemed to be so popular, I'm on the hunt for another one to sell at one of our sales. I'll keep you posted if I find one!

1 comment: