Friday, October 24, 2014

SNEAK PEEK OF GWEN AND ALMA'S TREASURES

Today is the day I'm getting all the treasures together for Gwen and Alma's, my Etsy Shop, ( read about it here ) and taking photos to post. I still need practice taking photos and I'm thinking about buying a new camera. I have always hesitated about getting a nice camera because it seems like there is so much to learn with all the doodads and whatchamacallits to deal with. And I'm kinda feeling like that old saying that goes, "you can't teach an old dog new tricks". Hah! But then I realized that I really don't believe that old saying. Rather, I believe that "you're never too old to learn something new". At least that is what I keep telling my 80 -something -year- old Mom. So I guess I have to listen to my own advice.





 So I'm looking for a good deal on a nice camera. And in the meantime I'll also be working on setting up some pretty vignettes, another skill I'm working on. So even before I get the photos posted in my Etsy shop, I'm giving you a little sneak peek of some of the treasures I'll be offering for sale. I'll let you know when I'm up and running, probably some time in early November.

And this is just a beginning...I will have 25 items posted the first day and will be adding new items weekly so be sure and check in frequently to see what is available.
Gwen and Alma's will have the following areas of treasures for sale:
... China Cupboard   ( Aynsley Cup and Saucers )
... Bed and Bath       ( vintage ironstone soap dishes )
... Kitchen
... Dining Room
... Linen Closet
... Nursery
... Library
...Holidays  ( gorgeous vintage Christmas tablecloths! )
...Miscellany

It's almost time to think about Christmas shopping. Yeah, I said it. And it's not even Halloween yet... But I got a head start on my  Christmas shopping so I thought others might be thinking that way also. So check out these one-of-a-kind treasures to give to someone on your list. Or maybe even think about what you might want for yourself!

.

5 comments:

  1. You have some really lovely treasures, fun to see! Very best of luck! Yes, l have made a start on my Christmas presents. At least l have made several of them. Hate last minute stress :). Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Avoiding stress is the reason I start buying early also!

      Delete
  2. sounds good and don't be afraid of a new camera! you can do it! love the name of your Etsy shop in honor of your gramma's. great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm your newest follower. Loving all your treasures.

    ReplyDelete