Friday, January 30, 2015

OF PAINTINGS AND DREAM HOMES

I've always dreamed of having a summer home near a body of water. It wouldn't matter if it was a lake or ocean, just the serenity and calm brought about by the sounds of ripples on a lake or of ocean waves breaking on a beach. A beach/lake home to me means tranquility and family memory making.

So I decided to create a room for my DREAM LAKE HOME, beginning with a painting from the site, Invaluable.   The picture I chose is an oil on canvass by Deniz.    Invaluable is listed as one of the world's premier auction sites. It boasts over 4,000 paintings from which to choose as well as other forms of valuable artwork. They have amazing paintings for every taste and pocketbook. Eye Candy, for sure!
  



A picture is worth a thousand words as they say and this one speaks many things to me: calm, serenity, the colors of the sky, the colors of lakes or oceans, tranquility, beauty, nature, and more. I love the simplicity of it and the color "blue" always makes me smile. In a word, it says, "RELAAAAAAX". As my color palette for the room I simply picked out the colors in the photo: blues with a hint of teal, tans with a touch of brown , and hints of white. I like the simplicity of a few colors and think it makes a room feel more soothing and restful.


Now I'll need a sofa, something to plop down in after a day on the lake. This one is from Joss and Main. It's casual, comfy, and looks ready to slump into after a day of sailing on the lake. It's also big enough for the family.


Next a rug from Dash and Albert:  It brings out the pretty blue of the lake.




Add a bit of lake house decor accessories... Maybe a Mirror  


A cute lamp with a water vibe ...

 I want two end tables so I'll buy two lamps! : ) I'm going to go with a "plain and simple" look with the end tables as I did with the sofa. So I picked out two sturdy wood end tables from Liberty Furniture...




And how cute is this for an overhead dining table lamp found here...






And of course, pillows found on Etsy:
               



With this kind of inspiration all that is left to do is to go out and find that perfect home on the Lake!

But right now I think I'll head back to "Invaluable" and find another painting to decorate around. This time I'll find one for a room I'm going to redecorate in my current space. I think this could be addicting!

I suggest you hop on over to the site here and see what I'm talking about! I'm sure you'll find that perfect painting for your  home or future "dream home"!


No comments:

Post a Comment