Saturday, April 11, 2015

SIMPLE LIFE IN THE SLOW LANE

We just got back from a family vacation...in the van. My husband and I take turns driving. To be fair I have to admit that he drives 6 hours a day and I drive 2 but still...And one thing I noticed is that I like to drive in the slow lane and he likes to drive in the fast lane! When I thought about it, I realized that I also like to LIVE in the "slow lane". OK, maybe it's more now that I'm retired that I like living in the slow lane. But really it's for everybody!
I've discovered that you can miss a lot, living in the "fast lane of life". So I've intentionally chosen to slow down, live in the moment, and not miss out on anything! And this lifestyle fits in with my dream of a farmhouse style home.


Have you ever dreamed of a home in the country or on a simple hobby farm? It seems so romantic, doesn't it? Beautiful lush green grassy yard, gorgeous views in every direction, clothes drying on the clothesline, fresh vegetables to gather in a basket from the garden, a rippling river nearby...I would also have blue hydrangea bushes all over and a wrap-around porch to sit on while enjoying some fresh squeezed lemonade. What would you have?



 But I don't live in the country...or on a hobby farm. I live right in the middle of the city. I do have acres of woods around me with amazing views, however. So I'm kind of there...But I want more of that "country life" feel. So next week I'm going on a journey of discovering how to create a country/farmhouse lifestyle right in the middle of the city. No matter where you live, you can create the country lifestyle of your dreams, without moving, without spending a lot of money, but using a lot of your own unique creativity! I hope you'll join me! From having the country attitude, to beginning new "farm life" activities, to adding some fun farmhouse decor...we're gonna move into the simple and slow lane of country-life- living!




1 comment:

  1. HI sandy this is such a wonderful post. It really is true that you have to make what you want in the place you already are. It is nice to reminded of that.
    Hope your week is wonderful and full of spring sun.

    ReplyDelete