Wednesday, November 4, 2015

A PAISLEY TEA, MINSTRELS, AND A WORKSHOP

"FAILURE WILL NEVER OVERTAKE ME IF MY DETERMINATION TO SUCCEED IS STRONG ENOUGH."     Og Mandino

HAPPY NOVEMBER, EVERYONE!

I just wanted to share with you a fun paisley dessert set that belonged to my Grandmother. Remember the paisley clothes way back when? Well, I'm bringing it back...this time in China! It is Lefton China and I have a set of 8...perfect for a small group gathering for tea/coffee and dessert. 




The plate is a sweet shell shape...


And look what I found much later....




... Matching tea bag holders at an Estate Sale! Woot Woot! 

 You just never know what you are going to find so keep looking! Well, to be honest I wasn't even looking for these! I didn't know they even existed so imagine my surprise and delight when I found them. They were kind of pricey, if I remember correctly,  but I had to have them of course. They matched a set I already had! Helllooo!! But there were only two so now I'm on the lookout for more...hopefully at a more reasonable price! Let me know if you find any...umm...cheap inexpensive ones!

OK so the other night was Halloween and since we live in an out of the way mansion ( see Plummer House page)  and all the neighborhood kids that we knew have grown up and moved away, we don't get many trick or treaters. So only one group of three kids showed up! They were surprised when I came to the door and realized someone actually lived here! It was three teens with guitars wrapped up in lights ( the guitars were wrapped in lights, not the teens ) and I couldn't tell what exactly they were wearing so I asked if they were "minstrels". They looked at me like they didn't know what I was talking about so I gave them some candy and asked if they would sing a tune for me. The two with guitars started playing and singing....and playing and singing....and playing and singing until the third one waved her hand and said, "OK, that's enough."Actually they were very good! I applauded, gave them more candy for the impromptu concert and asked if I could take their picture. It was dark, and they must have moved, or maybe I moved,  so the picture didn't turn out very well but here they are...I had to put it on here because I told them I was going to...and I'm not going to lie.


And now, if you've read this far and you're still with me...Grab your cuppa tea and head over to my new blog, The Balanced Life, and join in on my FREE online workshop entitled, "Live Your Dream Life NOW". You can find it HERE. 


It started Monday and you still have this week to sign up and get started on the first assignment. You also might want to read the intro on the previous post of that blog so you know a bit about it. And BONUS: There is a Giveaway involved for those who subscribe! So hop on over and subscribe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment