Saturday, July 28, 2018

BAKERS RACK GOING TO GOLD RUSH

   Gladness of the heart is the life of a man, and the joyfulness of the man prolongs his days.  


We will be having a booth at Gold Rush in Rochester. The event is being held on August 17, 18, 19.

Here is one thing that will be in our booth:


 This old industrial bakers rack ( or shoe rack ) that I purchased at an antique shop a few years back.

It has metal posts at the corners and four wooden dowel shelves. There is a fifth space at the bottom that can be used as storage also by using the steel beam frames. 

I am trying to create a simpler lifestyle by downsizing so I've decided to let this go. I've used it as storage in a little office I have but it really takes up too much room for the space. At the time I purchased it I had been looking for one of these for years so when I spotted it I had to have it! 



        It had been on the second floor of the antique shop, called The Button Factory, and had to be sent down on an old elevator. The shop is unique in that it is in a very old building that previously was a button making factory. They made pearl buttons from clam shells taken from the lake. The town sits on Lake Pepin, an enlarged area on the Mississippi River.


We have our pontoon on this lake and I've spent many years on this lake going back to when I was a child. The Mississippi River marks the dividing line between the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin. So while we live in Minnesota, when we're at the lake we can look across the river  to see the bluffs in Wisconsin.

I'll be sharing more photos in the coming days of more treasures that we will be bringing to Gold Rush. Hope to see you there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment