Saturday, July 29, 2023

THE LATEST HAPPENINGS

 An honest answer is like a warm hug. Proverbs 24: 26 The Message


As I look back at my posts I realize I've been posting just one post a 
month. Not what I had hoped to do when I first started this blog. I had hoped to post much more often! But the reason for this blog in the first place was to let you all know when our Hob Nobber sales were coming up and also to share some of our "finds" before the big sale and the adventures we had finding them! But change is a part of life and as we got older the work became harder. It became quite a huge project to fill this big old house with vintage and antique finds, as fun as it was! So that's when I opened up my online shop, Gwen And Alma's, on Etsy. Later my daughter and granddaughter joined me in this endeavor. Hubby Les, became our shipper! Occasionally we had a booth at Gold Rush in Rochester but later stopped doing that as well.

Presently we are still selling in our online shop, Gwen And Alma's! Hop on over there to see some of our latest finds!




One thing that we started doing is having a yearly garage and vintage sale to begin downsizing while also selling some of our Gwen And Alma treasures. So I'll be sharing here when our next garage sale will be. Most likely in September. So keep an eye out for it! You might also want to check out our Instagram page which Elissa will be taking charge of and will be posting photos on there! 

As mentioned in several posts I'm also sharing about how to simplify your life which, as I think about what I've written here, doesn't sound like I'm doing any simplifying myself! Hahaha! It's a work in progress!

Another thing that's in the planning stages is a Centennial Celebration for the Plummer House in 2024. Read about the Plummer House on another page seen at the top of our blog. The Plummer House was built from 1917 to 1924! It took 7 years to build this 49 room mansion! Next year it will be 100 years old! So we're planning an event to celebrate! I'll share details as it gets closer!







Every year my granddaughter, Gili,  sets up a Fairy Garden on the grounds. We found a spot at the bottom of a stone stairway that is hidden just until you come around the corner and there it is! A pleasant little surprise! People began leaving change in the little shell that we set next to it! That was a magical surprise for US! It never amounts to much but we save it and buy new things for next year's garden. Below is this year's Fairy Garden.




              Gili posted a little note that reads, "My Fairy Garden...Enjoy but please don't destroy!

Stay Cool!

Sandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment