Tuesday, January 23, 2024

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2024!


Embrace the journey of 2024 with gratitude, love, and the anticipation of some new and wonderful adventures! 

This new year came quicker than I expected! All of a sudden, there it was! I started later than ever to set some goals and write down some things I want to do, like spend more time painting. Many years ago I started painting but after having children I gave it up and turned my creative endeavors to being a creative Mom. Below is my first painting...ever! This was back in the early 70's. I wasn't impressed but my Mom loved it so I had it framed and gave it to her. Since she passed away, I now have it in our home.



 Now I'm ready to get more serious about painting again. My kids gave me new paints, brushes, paper, and an easel about two years ago and I've been dabbling and "practicing". I started out painting little cards for the grandkids. Now I'm ready to get some "real" painting done.

I've also gained more of an interest in buying vintage and antique art. This is one small painting I purchased recently at an Estate Sale. I've purchased others but haven't taken photos of them yet.


I also purchased a bamboo easel at an auction and found an old antique painting that had been in a small lakeside cabin that my parents bought. My brother had it but now wants to sell it so I might buy it from him. It's an original oil painting and has to be over 100 years old!




How about you? Have you started any new hobbies that you had given up previously? 

 Elissa and I are getting back to listing more of our treasures in our Etsy shop! We have a huge inventory needing to be listed so keep on checking in on our shop.

We have  some nice items in our shop for Valentines Day! Gifts for your favorite Valentine, Vintage Valentines ( have fun decorating with them ), Valentine Hankies, and more!














Ha en god dag! ( Norwegian for Have a good day! )
Sandy




No comments:

Post a Comment