Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Gramma Camp




Without inspiration the best powers of the mind remain dormant, there is a fuel in us which needs to be ignited with sparks. Johann Gottfried Von herder

What inspires you? What ignites your sparks and revs up your fuel to get those engines in your life moving? One of the things that inspires me is reminding myself that God created us in His image, allowing us to be co-creators with Him in our lives. He gave us imaginations that give us the ability to "think up" fascinating ideas, like going to the moon! Actually going to the moon is not something I would have thought of but since we're celebrating the anniversary of the first man on the moon, I thought I'd bring it up. I actually remember that time in my life. I was about 20 years old and watching it with my Grandma who just couldn't figure out how " that rocket was able to break through the globe".

But more than anything I am inspired by the fact that I can make a difference in the world. I try to keep in mind the fact that in everything I do I can make a difference, either for good or bad. Even our attitudes effect us and the world around us. ( Don't worry. Be happy! )

One of the ways I try to make a difference in the lives of my family is to try and create memories. Often life moves on so fast that good things get lost in the tyranny of the urgent. So every summer I have Gramma Camp for my two granddaughters.( We now also have a grandson but he is too young yet for Gramma Camp.) They spend a week with us and we have activities from morning to night. This summer the theme was, "The Joy of Imagination and Creativity". We spent most mornings in my Hob Nobber Creativity Studio. We made papier-mache bowls, fabric art, painted on stretched frames, baked cupcakes, and dabbled in photography making a hard cover photo book online of the memories made during the week. We filled the afternoons with related activities such as having an American Girl Doll Tea Party serving the homemade cupcakes and decorating the table with a mix of whatever China dishes suited the girls.

Pictured are photos taken at Gramma Camp 2009. Grampa acted as assistant to the director. We're making memories for a lifetime!

No comments:

Post a Comment