Thursday, October 15, 2009

Visit To Naples


Just got back from Naples, Florida where we attended a niece's wedding on the beach. It was very beautiful! We enjoyed a weekend stay for the wedding at the elegant Bella Serra. After the weekend wedding events we stayed on for a week at the beautiful Naples Beach Hotel and Golf Club. Most of our week was spent on the beach or around the pool but we did find an estate sale selling off art and jewelry to compensate the loss of Bernie Madoff investments. It was interesting but a bit more than we could afford. This was our first big auction of "high end" art but we tried to not look too obvious as novices. I found a very pretty chair that I whispered to my husband that I really liked. He said,"Turn around." I turned to see about 100 of the same chairs belonging to the Hotel for seating. I looked around to see if anyone might have overheard. Thankfully no one was around. We got a good laugh out of that and had an interesting experience so it wasn't a total loss.

We also went to a woman's moving sale. She had lost her business and finally her condo through the recent recession and was selling everything. She basically opened up her home and told everyone to just make offers as nothing was marked. She was crying while describing her dilemma. She had lovely vintage items but it was rather uncomfortable going through her things as she stood there crying. I purchased a few things and then we scooted out of there, wishing her well.

We did buy a couple of paintings at a gallery by local artists to remind us of Naples, one of our favorite vacationing sites, though.

Wish I had more pictures to share. I'm working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment