Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Vintage Treasures From Florida



When in Florida, on a rainy day, I happened to find a couple of estate sales and a vintage Beach Market.  I couldn't buy too much because we weren't prepared  to pack more into our car. But I did find three darling vintage baby "diaper tops", so-called because they were made to be worn in the summer as a top with just a diaper for a bottom. But the way babies dress now, they'd probably need a little pair of capris underneath. I just pulled them out of the bag now so they need a little pressing  but I wanted you to see them. So these are kind of the"before" photos. I bought them from a lady who had made them for her babies in the 1940's. I should have bought the whole LOT of them but I don't like to get carried away with too many of one thing. They ARE adorable, though, aren't they? They will be on sale at our Hob Nobber sale over Memorial Day weekend so tell your "vintage baby clothes loving" friends. They would also make a cute gift for a new Mom who likes "everything vintage".

I also purchased this vintage bird cage. It's a tall one and is a bit rustic.Again, these are the "before" photos. I'm just showing the top and bottom here. It has flowers on it and shells inside though I was going to take that all out and put a plant in there. I bought it for myself but I'm considering selling that also. The white doesn't fit in as well as I'd thought and even though I could paint it, it looks nicer, I think, in white.

Now that the weather's nice I'll be out scouting for more antiques, vintage, and whimsical treasures! I'll be posting a few of them here for you to check out in advance. If you're looking for something special, let me know through comments here and I'll keep my eyes open for it.

Thanks for stopping by!

HAPPY SPRING!

4 comments:

  1. Great ones, I love the shirts and that bird cage is just awesome!!'
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I'm still trying to decide what to do with the birdcage. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that birdcage Lisa. It's awesome. And those adorable baby clothes are so sweet. Thanks for sharing.

    xo Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Cathy

    I love the bird cage also that's why I snapped it up. i do that even if I'm not sure if it'll work in my house because I can always sell it. I buy what I LOVE and then decide. : ) I might put it in my pink, green, and white bedroom. Thanks for stopping by, Cathy! : )

    ReplyDelete