Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I LOVE LINENS

I LOVE linens! I love the old vintage beautiful linens that were lovingly created by hand. It's probably because MY sewing abilities are so poor that I'm so impressed by those who are able to make these lovely creations by hand. So I thought I'd share a few linens I purchased recently, mostly at our own occasional sale from Karen. Karen, one of the Hob Nobbers, has had a very large collection of vintage pillow cases and tablecloths that she has collected  over the years. In addition, she somehow is able to find the most beautiful linens at thrift sales to sell at OUR event. Renee, Hob Nobber #3, and I add our few pieces of linen to our sales events but I'd have to say that Karen is "The Linen Queen" when it comes to the amount of linens she brings to our sales. Our customers refer to her as the "linen lady".  I buy linens from her at every one of our events and even then I kick myself thinking I should have BOUGHT MORE!


But one of the things that is so great about Karen's linens is HER SECRET for getting those old stains out and making them look like NEW! She is going to share this secret in an upcoming blog so watch for it.


Here are a couple of photos of just the pillow cases we had for sale. I forgot to get photos of the beautiful tablecloths. Actually  I was just way too busy at the sale to get the photos!





And here are some of the things that I bought!  First the pillow cases. I can't pick up the fine detail on these beauties with my camera but they are beautiful!


Here's a cute vintage coverlet that looks like NEW!






The stitching in the photo above is in the middle of the quilt to the right here.
The center of this pillow is an old vintage linen towel. Karen pays much attention to detail. Notice the matching heart button on the back of the pillow. 



This is a cute little child's down-filled pillow.


This is a handmade quilt I purchased at an Estate Sale recently. ( not one of Karen's )


 Even though my "gift" is not in the handmade linen category, I've decided to try something new in this arena. So I purchased one of those yo-yo thing-a-ma-jigs and I'm going to try and sew, oh I don't know, maybe a yo-yo quilt or something. I'm picturing a sunny yellow. I've learned that women used to make those yo-yos back in the 1800's because they could take their little supplies anywhere and make the yo-yos wherever they went. So that's what I'm going to do. I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. I love the pink and white quilt you bought! It's awesome.

    Can't wait to see your yo-yo creation.

    I would be in heaven with all those pillowcases.

    ReplyDelete