Monday, October 29, 2012

MORE IDEAS THAN TIME?

How many of you bloggers out there have more than one blog? And even if you're not a blogger, do you have so many ideas rolling around in your head you don't know which ones to follow through with? Well, if you're anything like me, and I'm sure there has to be a FEW of you out there, you have MORE IDEAS THAN TIME, as this popular Pinterest saying says.

Maybe there are some of you superwomen out there who can do many things and be successful but I'm not one of them. Trying, just led to frustration and doing too many things poorly.

I've started about 5 different blogs! Sheesh! What was I thinking! There is no way I could keep up with that many but when I got an idea that didn't seem to fit in with my current blog, I just started a new one! I also have a lot of creative ideas I want to try,  books I want to write, projects to complete ( I've actually done many things I've pinned on Pinterest ) and on and on. The ideas just keep coming into my head! And being a PINTEREST addict doesn't help!

I FINALLY came to the realization that I can't do EVERYTHING! Yeah, it took me a while but I finally "got it"! So I came up with a way to satisfy my longings and passions, simplify my life, hone in on my favorite ideas, stick to a FEW things that bring me joy, and stay true to my values and beliefs.

I also found a way to COMBINE some of  my interests. So here's PART of my plan: I'm only going to write this one blog. I wish I could delete the others but they are still out there in cyberspace. If anyone knows how to delete blogs, let me know. I'm keeping this blog alive because one of my big passions is to collect and sell vintage treasures and I can stay in touch with our special customers this way. I also like to share with other bloggers here which was a fun surprise  for me when I first began blogging. I didn't think about the fact that I could connect with people all over the world who have similar interests! But my other main interest was to write a book. I've already written an e-book with a friend, "30 Ways to Reduce Stress" which can be found in my Bookstore on the right sidebar. But now I'm going to write a book that I'll share, in part, on this blog because I think it can speak to all creative women. So in the midst of sharing my special finds for upcoming events and joining in with other bloggers in fun blog parties, I'm going to share bits and pieces of my upcoming book ( maybe e-book) temporarily titled, "The Joyously Authentic Life".

Aaaahhhh! Pure Bliss! Now I have time to enjoy the MOMENTS of life, spend time building relationships with family and friends, add beauty to my world by being creative, combine my interests, and feel at peace with it all.

I'd love to hear YOUR ideas about how you achieve your dreams while living your authentic life.

  100 MEMBERS FOLLOWING    Since I now have 100 followers, I'm planning on an upcoming GIVE-AWAY! More details in November! Thank you to all of my faithful followers!  I appreciate you!


1 comment:

  1. I, too, have one blog where I write, one blog only for art (used infrequently, sadly), and one that I have "privileges" to but hardly ever contribute anything there. It does keep everything more or less categorized.

    ReplyDelete