The modern world measures success in what material possessions we own and/or in our social status in the community. Thus we often end up focusing our time and energies on doing what it takes to make enough money to buy the things we think we need or trying to move ahead in our social status. But we are "human beings" not "human doings"!It is important to be the kind of "human being" we hope to be. Being intentional about developing ourselves as the kind of person we choose to become, leads us to a more peaceful and purposeful life.
Susie Steiner, a nurse, recorded 5 top regrets of the dying. Listed here are the reasons she found:
1) I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2) I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3) I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4) I wish that I had let myself be happier.
5) I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
Are you ready to create an intentional life without regrets? Live your life purposefully? Become the kind of person you intend to be? Begin now! Go here to learn all about it.
It is necessary to the happiness of man that he be mentally faithful to himself. Thomas Paine