Sunday, March 29, 2015

Not ALL Sodom and Gomorrah

Right now Les and I are vacationing in Panama City Beach, Florida with our son and his family. Five generations of our family ( going back to my grandparents ) now have vacationed on this beach during Spring Break for over 50+ years. I've been vacationing here myself since I was a teenager. We have made many years of fun family memories here. In the beginning it was a very family oriented beach. Then college Spring Breakers began migrating from Fort Lauderdale and Daytona Beach to PCB. MTV moved their show to the beaches here and things snowballed. It has become the place to go for Spring Breakers of all ages, giving it a less than steller reputation. So much so, in fact, that before we left we saw two TV specials sharing the horrors of this Spring Break Mecca, one calling it worse than Sodom and Gomorrah! Yikes! But wouldn't you like to wake up to THIS scene every morning while on vacation?
While I wouldn't let my kids go here alone on Spring Break ( even high schoolers come with their friends ) or anywhere else for that matter, I wanted to share another side of this beautiful place to vacation. As with all areas, the problems are not all over the beach. We rent condos on the West end of the beach and it is only families here. Most of the condos are privately owned and then rented to others, not allowing anyone under 25 to rent. We only see families having fun together and enjoying the pristine sand beaches and sky blue/green ocean.
So this week I will be sharing all about "The Good Side" of Panama City Beach. It's a great place for a family vacation! You can always avoid the bad scenes here. Tomorrow, I'll be sharing photos of our condos. We rented two so we'd have enough room for all 8 of us!

2 comments:

  1. wow, what a cool beach !
    Powdery white sand, cool Sun and blue sea...
    This is picture perfect ;)
    Huge thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also been vacationing in PC for years, It's the spring breaks that gives it a bad name. It really is a great beach!

    ReplyDelete