Monday, May 11, 2015

10 STREAMS OF VINTAGE INCOME

If you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life.  Marc Anthony




Do you want to make money doing what you love? It's everybody's dream, right? You hear it all the time. And you are probably familiar with the phrase, "multiple streams of income". So I'm creating a plan to see how I can create multiple streams of income with my love of antique and vintage treasures. I hope you'll follow along and check out the process. I'm not planning on getting rich with this plan. Just seeing how it works on a smaller scale. Since I'm retired I don't want a full time job. But if you are  wanting to make a full time income, you might just want to watch the "process" and use your own figures in how much you want to make.


I realize I'm probably "preaching to the choir" ( and possibly you're creating an even  bigger venture at it than I am ). If you're willing to share, I'm  sure we'd all love to hear your ideas. But if you're reading this and want to grow your vintage and antique business or begin one, maybe my experience will help a bit.



So I'm going to begin by just listing 10 ways you could create a stream of income through your love of vintage and antique treasures. While this list is not exhaustive ( right now I can think of several) others  it is a sampling of ways women have made money incorporating their love of vintage treasures. You need not use all ten ways, of course. I'll share some specifics of each area in future posts. Just pick a few that fit your interests and skill set. I'll share which ones I choose to use and how I plan on making it work in future posts.



So here they are...

10 STREAMS OF VINTAGE INCOME

1) Occasional Sales

2) Online Sales via eBay, Etsy, or your own website

3) Write ebooks on Vintage topics

4) Offer Flea Market Bus Trips

5) Collect and Rent Out Vintage Decor for special events

6) Restore and Paint and or Repurpose Vintage Furniture

7) Take Photos of Vintage Vignettes and Make Cards with them

8) Have a Booth in an Antique Mall or open your own Antique Mall

9) Teach Community Classes or Online Classes on Vintage topics

10) Start an Estate Sale business



You'll notice I didn't say anything about blogging about antiques. I think "blogging" is another area altogether. And while you might blog to help your sales, communicate with your customers, or for other reasons, it takes a whole different skill set to blog. But of course, that may be one income stream of interest to you. I left it out here because personally I'm still trying to figure it all out. Blogging topics will be on another "series".

So what about you?  Do you have an interest in antiques and vintage decor? Can you see yourself being interested in one of the above areas of income? Or are you already making an income in several areas? I'm sure others would love to hear about it! Just beginning to make money in one income stream can, in many cases, lead to another income stream down the road. There are many options out there to dream about and begin creating!

So stay tuned while we learn together  of the many ways to love what we do and make money doing it!




No comments:

Post a Comment