Monday, November 14, 2022

THANKFUL FOR NOVEMBER

 Hello, November!

Thank you for reminding us there is so much for which to be grateful!


 I can't believe it's already Mid November! But there was a very lovely snowfall this morning so I'm not complaining! I'm grateful! I love these soft snowfalls! So pretty! And then in the background noise I heard the distant sound of a train's whistle. I love the sound of a train whistle! There is something romantic about a train whistle I think. Not in the "loving romance" kind of way but...well, you know!

                                    This picture was taken out of one of our living room windows.

A couple of weeks ago Hob Nobber, Renee, and I helped at a local church of which our other Hob Nobber partner , Karen,  belongs. Karen had a heart attack followed by a stroke and is in Rehab right now. Please pray for her. If you've come to our Hob Nobbers sales in the past you'll know Karen was a small yet strong lady with so much energy and good health that it shocked us all that she ended up having a heart attack and stroke! But those same characteristics will help her get through therapy along with her determination and faith in God. 

Karen always helped out at her church's Rummage Sale in the "finer items room"...which includes antiques... so her family called on us to see if we might take her place and help out in that room and we were thrilled to do it! We had a great time and they even served the helpers ( including US ) lunch!

I purchased a few things so THAT was a bonus! I bought a crazy quilt, an antique frame, two small pyrex refrigerator containers, and a really beautiful hand crafted Kaleidoscope! 





The crazy quilt and pyrex are listed for sale in our Etsy Shop, Gwen And Alma's. I'm keeping the Kaleidoscope, and I'm still trying to find the right picture for the frame but if I don't that will be listed in our Etsy Shop also!

My husband, Les, and I attended an Estate Sale on the last day where everything was 50% off. The home had beautiful antique and primitive furniture... right up my alley! I really wasn't actively looking for furniture for myself but I fell in love with a beautiful primitive hutch or bookcase. They actually called it a " pie safe" and I think that was because it had screens on the doors.  I currently had a bookcase/shelves that I had purchased new at a store years ago but my long range plane was to get rid of it to buy something old and similar to the lighter wood that I preferred. Here's my old ( store bought ) one...



I do love the sliding glass doors that show off my blue and white collection better though it's kind of cluttered right now. It needed to be down sized and simplified!


And this is my "new" old one that matches more closely the rest of my furniture. I'm still working on rearranging my treasures and I even downsized them! Simplifying!

I listed my old one for sale and the buyer said she thought she got the deal of the century, which made me happy! But my husband said I must not have asked enough for it if it was "the deal of the century"! Hahaha! ; )

The wax leaf banner was made by our granddaughter, Gili, adding a nice Fall touch! I also might be adding something on top in the near future. Are you in favor of putting things on top of hutches and armoires or leaving it as is?

Thanks for stopping by!

Sandy


No comments:

Post a Comment