Monday, May 8, 2023

SPRING HAS SPRUNG

 Despite the forecast, live like it's SPRING! Lily Pulitzer

This is actually an old picture of our grandson, Charlie, who is now 14!  But I love his little smile! And I enjoyed this little teal colored bench which I sold at one of our sales, though now I'm wondering why I sold it! 🀣 That happens a lot to me! But I can't keep everything! After all I'm working at simplifying my life, if it's even possible to do being in the antique business! This maybe was not even taken in the Spring! Oh well! It has flowers!     

πŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’šπŸ’š

We haven't been home long after a 2 week vacation to South Carolina and Florida! Four of our family members received tickets to The Masters Golf Tournament so we stayed a short distance away in our niece's Vacation Cottage ( it is really MORE than a cottage) which is in Bluffton, South Carolina.  (Thanks again, Amy and Tom! ) After that, on to Florida for our usual Spring Break "second home".



Coming back home my husband and I took it slow and stopped at an Estate Sale in Franklin, Tennessee and a few other antique shops along the way. I found some fun treasures to list in our Gwen And Alma shop and maybe some to keep for myself! Check out our Gwen And Alma's shop here!








                                       The Estate Sale was in a beautiful countryside horse ranch! 
                                       πŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽ

                                          Shown below are some of my purchases on this trip...


Since it was the last day of the sale I missed many of the treasures I saw posted online but I still managed to find some very fun things! I'm keeping the little pillow for myself! At least for now! 😜

    🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

SPRING is springing up here at the Plummer House, slowly but surely ! 

The Plummer House Gardener , Ben, ( he probably has a more official title but I'm not sure what it is) has been very busy already! He, of course, is in charge of more than the Plummer House so he is a very busy guy, indeed! There is also a "Summer Gardener" who works alongside Ben in the summer here at the Plummer House. Every spring Ben put's Pansies in the concrete pots. Even the concrete pot he placed by our front door! 





                                                         

            I just hope no little bunny comes along and eats them!

                                           


😟

 Several years ago we purchased a Cherry Blossom Tree in memory of my Dad and my husband's Mom. The blossoms are lovely but it's now overflowing into the open greenhouse. We may have to have it transplanted if that's even possible. 

The other day I went to Sargent's Greenhouse to spend a gift card I had received a while back. The new coffee shop they opened is overflowing into the green house so customers can enjoy their coffee surrounded by the greenery! I'm going back there for just that! You might want to check it out for yourself! 🌹🌸🌷🌻🌺

I bought a fern, which I hope to keep alive! I'm kind of a serial plant killer. 😭 But I'm going to try to keep this one alive! I hope it helps to talk to them every day because this pretty lady and I have conversations about how she's going to keep on growing and thriving for years and years! 

When I went up to the cashier to pay I couldn't find my gift card! 😞 I ended up paying for it with...money! Hah! So now I have to buy something else with the gift card, which as it turned out, was in my purse after all! Oops! Oh well! More plants for ME!!

Here she is in our foyer ( Les insists its a FOY YAA ...long A). 


                            Sorry about the poor lighting! The sun created too much shadow!




 
                             My antique cupboard is next to it along with a lantern I purchased at one of our Hob Nobber sales and a handmade clay "Baby" which I purchased from Coyla, a dear friend. After Coyla's husband's retirement, they sold almost everything from their home and moved to an island they had purchased! 

"Baby" was made by a patient of Coyla's husband. I put different hats on it every month. Coyla always had him wear different hats so I had to keep him dressed as he was used to. 

In between these two items is a Scherenschnitte art piece I made for my Mom years ago. It was one of the things I kept of hers after she passed away a couple of years ago. Next to the cupboard is a large brass vase which holds Les' collection of canes and walking sticks.

Since it has been months since I posted, I have much to share but I'll have to stop here for now! This is getting toooo long!

Be sure and enjoy each moment of this lovely season of SPRING! As I write this I hear many different birds singing in the background and it's drawing me outside to enjoy even more the sounds, sights, and scents of SPRING!

ENJOYING THE MOMENTS ....
Sandy           





 





                                       



No comments:

Post a Comment