Saturday, May 20, 2023

NEW FINDS TO KEEP

 What wings are to a bird, and sails are to a ship, so is prayer to the soul. Corrie Ten Boom


As I shop for items to sell in our Gwen And Alma's shop I often find that I end up keeping a few things for myself! Thats the beauty of this little side business! ; )

So today I'm sharing a couple of ( or a few ) things I kept...at least for now!


This little Antique English Burnt Bamboo Shelf is one recent treasure I had a hard time letting go... so I kept it! I had already found one at an Estate Sale and sold it and then immediately regretted it! So when I saw this one I HAD to have it! Right now it's sitting in a back hallway that is a large enough area to put something in but it needs to be on the smaller side. So it fits the bill. 

I also purchased the sweetest little vintage bird picture which I also kept and for now it is sitting on this shelf but I really like seeing the little bamboo slats on the back of the shelf so I may not keep the picture there. I'll probably hang it!



                   The blue pitcher was a Mom's Day gift and the pot was made by a friend.

Near the shelf is this Scandinavian bench I purchased at an Estate Sale several years ago and I think I'll always keep this, since I'm fully Scandinavian!



     I also kept this extra large pillow from an Estate sale that is covered with an antique flour sack!

Recently I was bidding on an online auction and saw a Primitive Milking Stool that I really liked. I finally stopped bidding as the bidding went higher. And then over Mother's Day weekend, my daughter and granddaughter and I went to Gold Rush, an Antique, Vintage and Flea Market, and lo and behold, there it was! How crazy is that? It was in a Scandinavian booth which I stop at when Gold Rush is in town. The owner has a Scandinavian shop in Wisconsin. I asked her if she had just purchased this at a recent online auction and she, of course, said she had! There couldn't be TWO of them, after all! 

I had been bidding on it thinking of selling it but now that I saw it in person I decided to buy it for myself! I told my husband he just bought another Mother's Day gift for me!


It's a little more primitive than my living room so I will probably find another place for it! But it's a fun conversation piece and it has a fun story to go with it! Right now it's a plant stand.






         Les and I went to the 100 Mile Garage Sale and I picked up this antique mirror...


I'll hang it later but for now it's going to sit on the dresser, which by the way, I purchased at an Estate Sale. 

Oh my! I didn't look in the mirror before sharing this. LOL I didn't quite get the bedroom ready for a photo op. This bedroom is used by the grandkids so I keep little cute things on the dresser, including the pixie sitting in the bowl of sand from our "second home" in Panama City Beach, Florida.

On our latest trip to South Carolina, I purchased this vintage embroidered pillow from a cute little gift shop in Old Bluffton. They carried antique and new items. 



                         This little guy, "Baby", is ready for May in blue hat and flowers. I change his head wear monthly according to the seasons. 


Enjoy the May flowers! 

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment