Tuesday, May 9, 2023

LIST MAKING

 Life is simple, but men keep making it complicated. Confucious 

One of the things I want to do in this blog, is share my thoughts on keeping life simple. Maybe there is no such thing as a "simple life" but there are things we can do to keep it from getting more complicated. I like to think of a simpler life as "Joyfully Balanced". So list making is  one thing I do to try and keep from complicating my life.

Are you a list maker? I might be the queen of list makers! I make lists of lists! I also write things down on my lists that I already did but had forgotten to write down. Just so I can have that great feeling of crossing them off! Yup! I really do that!

Lists help me stay organized. They act as reminders. They keep me feeling calmer because I don't have to have so many thoughts going on in my mind trying to remember what I need to do. 

Here's a list of some of the lists I keep:

1) Master To Do List...This list is the one that is ongoing where I add everything that pops into my head that I have to do, buy, remember, etc. Yes it's a long one but I use this list every day. At the beginning of the week, I check to see what is on the list that I have to do in the current week. I transfer the items to the calendar on the day in which I need to do that item. I then get to cross the item off the master to do list. This Master To Do List might be my most important list.

2) Beach Vacation List...Most of our vacations are beach vacations and I used to forget some items when we went on vacation. So I made a list of things we always need and maybe some things we don't. I keep the list on my computer and download a copy when we're getting ready to go on vacation.

3) Grocery List...I keep a list during the week of things we run out of and things  I will need to buy and add to them during the week so when I make out a weekly grocery list to shop I have a beginning list ready at hand.

4) Budget Lists...I have a budget list for Monthly Bills, Christmas Expenses, and anything else I'm saving money for.

5) Birthday and Anniversary List

6) Ideas List..This is one that I keep in case I come up with an idea for something that I don't want to forget about. It might be a blogging idea, a creative B-day idea, anything that comes to mind. 

7) Projects

8) Menu Planning

9) Monthly, Weekly, Daily To Do's

10) Gift List

If this seems overwhelming to you, consider starting with only a few lists. Or start with just a Master List. You'll soon find how easy it is to do and how much it helps. 

Happy List Making! 

                                                                          ENJOY THE SPRING

la det skje ( let it happen ) 

Sandy



No comments:

Post a Comment