Saturday, March 3, 2012

PINTEREST...CAN YOU BE SUED?

If you've been reading my recent posts I've mentioned PINTEREST as something I'm "addicted" to. Apparently so are many others as these "posters" are now on PINTEREST boards sharing the same "problem". Hah!

PINTEREST is inspiring, helps one develop their creative spirit, offers tips in decorating or anything else for which you want inspiration, shares recipes and practical tips on household needs, and now appears to be at least one of the fastest growing sites out there.

 And now I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I need to know.  I just read an article where an attorney shared her concerns about the site. The problem seems to be that the "terms of use" of the site say that the pinners are responsible for anything pinned and permission is needed from the person who originally put the photo out there. And even those who repin are responsible for pinning the pins on their site if not given permission. Everyone then would be held responsible for all the pins on their boards in the event someone who did not want their photo on there  sues for not having permission to use their photo. YIKES! Is this another NAPSTER  waiting to happen?

If anyone could shed some light on this I sure would like to know! Please share this information with others and hopefully we can get some correct information on this before anyone gets sued!
Go to the site below for the article:

 http://articles.businessinsider.com/2012-02-28/tech/31106641_1_repinning-copyright-entire-image

1 comment:

  1. Gosh, I can't seem to get a look at Pinterest. I have asked for an invite, but haven't received anything:(

    Can't wait for your Labor Day Sale. My sister purchased several vintage tablecloths for me at your last sale!!

    ReplyDelete