Monday, September 24, 2012

CELEBRATING AUTUMN

Go here to find out why leaves change their color and to find the source of this photo.
AUTUMN is in the air!

CELEBRATING THE SEASONS is one way to appreciate them even more! You won't feel so bad about saying "goodbye" to Summer if you're looking FORWARD  to the treasures that await in Autumn.  Here's a "short" list of some tried and true ways to experience the BEST OF AUTUMN:

1) Pulling out your warm, comfy sweaters
2) Brisk, cool, crisp fresh air
3) Seeing all the beautiful Autumn colors
4) Apple picking at the Orchard
5) Caramel apples
6) The smell of fresh baked apple pie
7) Reaping the bounty of homegrown vegetables being canned
8) Decorating your home with gourds and pumpkins
9) Watching the children jump into piles of newly raked leaves
10) Jumping into the pile of leaves yourself
11) The scent of apple cider brewing
12) Enjoying a warm cup of your favorite beverage on a cool day
13) Firing up the fire pit to roast marshmallows
14) Football games
15) Tailgate parties

I'd love to hear YOUR ideas of ways to experience and appreciate the best of Autumn.


6 comments:

  1. Fall is my favorite season. A friend calls it "Sweater Weather." I love everything about it, especially that I can do more baking and oven-cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely the baking part is something I look forward to also! Thanks for stopping by and sharing!

      Delete
  2. Reading your post brought a smile to my face. Beautiful picture, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the photo also! A drive through colors like these can't HELP but put a smile on your face!


      Delete
  3. I absolutely love fall and this picture! It's my very favorite season of all. I would have my home decorated in fall colors and scents year round if my family would let me, lol!

    Happy Fall to you~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes, the scents are great! Apple, cinnamon, caramel, for starters! Nothing wrong with those SCENTS all year long! ; )

    ReplyDelete