Thursday, February 12, 2015

VINTAGE FINDS

Les and I have just a couple of favorite auctions we attend for "picking" purposes. We had avoided auctions for quite a while as they take a lot of time and have added costs incurred, not including the extra gas and meal expense. But we found two auctions that were fun to attend and we were able to find a few treasures that we could then turn around and offer for sale at reasonable prices.

Many bidders are there to bid for themselves so they win the bidding more often  unlike those of us who have to buy at "wholesale" in order to offer it in vintage sales.

Having said that, if you attend our events and have something in mind that you are looking for, let us know and we can be looking for specific treasures just for you. We would also need to know what you are willing to spend on the item. We would be happy to do that for you. We would be your own personal "picker". In case you haven't heard the term "picker", it is a person who hunts for treasures to resell. So if you're interested, leave a comment and I'll get back to you.

Here are a few items we "picked" at the last auction. There is much more than this and some neat pieces of furniture that I am refinishing.



This is a three piece dessert set of four, including four each of cup, saucer, and dessert plate. The pattern is similar to Royal Copenhagen but the markings do not match this pattern so I don't know what brand these dishes are. If you know, I'd love to find out. Below are the markings...


The photo above and below are of Red Wing oyster dishes. I have seven of them plus lots more Red Wing pottery. I love the color on these!


Giant stoneware striped bowl for mixing, popcorn, display or adding to your collection.


MORE big bowls...

And MORE bowls...

And  another great bowl!





Wooden mortar and pestle, and humidor


Vintage glass jar for kitchen, bathroom, baby's room, or craft storage.

Some Scandinavian treasures above and below...

This is a Royal Copenhagen


If you are into folk art we have that also....See below




                                                                     
Of course, there will be more coming so stay tuned...

8 comments:

  1. I believe the stamp you arked about is from GDR - East Germany. Love the things you have found this time, several very interesting items. Wish you and your family a lovely weekend. Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always find lovely things! I used to have a pink striped bowl like that. I had so many wedding gifts all those years ago and some were casualties of a big family! Well done, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think there are quite a few of those blue and pink striped bowls out there. I hope they are still selling! 😉

      Delete
  3. Everything is beautiful! Especially love are the crocks and bowls...I have my great grandmother's churn and last August, I churned 45 pounds of butter. visiting via Pom Pom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Now that's a lot of butter and probably a lot of work. But I'll bet it's yummy!

      Delete
  4. i love all of your finds. red wing crockery is something I really am drawn too. We have a few of hubby's grandparents crocks. But I would not turn down any one of those bowls......they are beautiful. Hope you are warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Pottery and big bowls are a favorite of mine!

      Delete