Tuesday, February 23, 2016

TWO MORE FINDS

With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.   Eleanor Roosevelt

 
 It almost feels Spring-like here! The snow is melting, the weather is warming and the tulips I bought definitely help...

I received an e-mail the other day mentioning that one of my posts was included in their blog post, "101 Reasons To Love Estate Sales". Go here to see it. It's a site called, Mega Estate Sales. You might want to check it out!

I went to an Estate Sale out of town the other day, not expecting to get much because I wasn't going to be able to get there until late in the morning. But then again you never know, so I decided to go.  I figured the good stuff would all be gone and they had lots of great stuff! And when I got there many people were coming out with empty hands. That usually means one of two things: the good stuff is gone or everything is very expensive! But much to my surprise all the things I hoped to get were still there and at reasonable prices!  Apparently, everyone was looking for something other than what I was looking for.

Now, I wish I would have bought more! I'm really regretting not buying a darling slatted bench! Do you ever have regrets about not buying something?

I'll have photos of these things to show you on another day. I still have to take photos of them, record my purchases, and hopefully get them tagged. My "Hob Nobber" room is full and I can hardly get in there so I also have to get to some reorganizing. Maybe I should hire some help!

But I've been finding some great stuff! So if you come to our sales, you'll have plenty of treasures to pick from!

Here is one item though that I didn't share the other day because I may be putting it in my Etsy Store, Gwen And Alma's. But.....I've decided to show you anyway! It's an antique desk top abacus. Isn't it cute?


And I found another photo that I haven't shared with you...this wood vintage bowling pin!

 I know our sale seems like a long way off but we spend the whole Winter and Spring getting ready for our Spring sale so it seems a lot closer to me! Too much to do!! I have several things I am going to paint and many minor repairs of small furniture pieces. Yikes! I gotta get going!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, someone who bowls would sure love that vintage pin! You are always invited to come share at my blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the invite, Bernideen! One of these days I'll join in...sooner, rather than later.

    ReplyDelete